As the corona virus pandemic drags on, many of us are wondering how to improve or maintain vibrant health. Over the months that we have been socially distancing, clients have been lamenting their dwindling commitment to ensuring their best health. Below are some easily implemented ideas to rediscover an energetic, enthusiastic you.
- Eat more veggies: A diet centered around vibrant plants is an excellent way to ensure you are getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Aim for eating 4-5 servings of both fruit and vegetables per day.
- Move your body: Periods of prolonged sitting has recently been found to be extremely damaging to your health. Make a point of standing at least once per hour throughout the day. Also, try to get a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week.
- Reduce sugar intake: Consuming too much added sugar can lead to Type II Diabetes, obesity, skin damage and many other health concerns. Men should eat 9 or fewer teaspoons of sugar per day while woman should keep their sugar consumption to 6 or fewer teaspoons.
- Practice mindfulness: Slowing down to include a few minutes of deep breathing, yoga or meditation each day can go a long way to reducing stress. Stress contributes to anxiety, depression, free radical damage, and the aging process. Studies have found practicing mindfulness for as little as 5 minutes a day can move your brain to a healthier place.
- Connect with friends and family: Make time for friends and family. Studies have shown spending time with loved ones increases longevity, boosts your immune system, raises self esteem and decreases anxiety and depression.
While it may seem overwhelming to implement all of these suggestions making a commitment to doing one of these health promoting suggestions each day is sure to lead to a more lively, exciting life.
Photo from flickr.