Good Evening and Happy Post Halloween!
I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween despite all the RAIN.
Today, I want to share my Top 5 Tips to Beat Back the Sugar Beast because once you have a little sugar, your body will want more and more. Sugar, truly is addictive and we want to go ahead and beat that sugar beast TODAY!
Top 5 Tips to Beat Back the Sugar Beast
- Brew a cup of herbal tea. Yep! Not only am I a water-pusher but a tea pusher too! I swear a cup of tea has magical powers and can curb not just sugar cravings but the munchies too. I LOVE Licorice root tea! It makes a surprisingly sweet tea, and as an added bonus, it feeds and nourishes your adrenal glands, which makes it the perfect pick-me-up when feeling tired from a blood sugar low (one of the reasons we crave sugar).
- Exercise: This really works! Try doing 25 jump jacks, a 1 minute plank, go on a walk or some other activity to distract yourself. A lot of the time we cave into a craving because we’re bored or it is just a habit- part of our daily routine. Shake things up. If you usually crave sugar around 3pm, make that your PLANK time. Your body will thank you : )
- Drink a Kombucha or Kevita: Note: there is two servings in each bottle so you only need a little bit to reap the benefits. My favorite low-sugar brand of Kombucha is Health-Ade, it’s super low in sugar and makes a great alternative to soft drink. When choosing Kombucha and Kevita aim for 2 grams or less of sugar- that is IDEAL. A good overall rule of thumb is 5 grams or less of sugar per drink. These drinks help with soda and alcohol cravings. Plus, it’s good for your gut!
- Snack on fats and protein. Eating fat and protein satiates you, unlike sugar, and is the safest way to prevent yourself reaching for a sugary snack. A handful of nuts, a hard boiled egg, a few slices of chicken and/or avocado are all great choices.
- Think GREEN: Fill up on vegetables and green stuff! This is the quickest way to beat back the sugar beast. A bowl of steamed greens, a green juice or green smoothie will all do the trick. Not in the mood to make a smoothie or juice then simply pop a few Chlorella Tablets with a glass of water and BAM! your sugar craving be gone.
Step away from the candy bowl and get it out of your house as soon as possible. We are just dipping out toes into the holiday season so I recommend saving up those sweet treats for truly something special.
In Health and Happiness,