Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday My Friends!
We are finally experiencing some Fall weather which always reminds me of Apple Season!
You guys have all heard the phrase ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away,’ but do you believe it is true? I can’t confirm that as an absolute truth but do love apples and all their health benefits!
I actually do have an apple a day because I think it is the perfect portable snack that is crunchy, sweet, and super satisfying. I cut mine into slices, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve along with 1 tablespoon favorite nut butter.
Health Benefits of Apples
1) Loaded with Soluble Fiber- 4 grams per apple
2) Low-Calorie Snack- 1 medium apple = 70 to 100 calories
3) Loaded with the antioxidant- Quercetin which aids in endurance.
Try eating an apple before your workout for an added boost of endurance.
4) Great source of Vitamin C which helps boost immune system.
5) Prevents Tooth Decay- Apples have properties that can kill up to 80% of bacteria.
We are in the thick of apple season so have fun and try a different Apple each day. A few of my favorites are Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Jazz, Fuji, Envy and Pink Lady!