Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday!
I hope you are all enjoying this gorgeous sunny day.
This week I was asked by a client how to ban belly bloat quickly because she was heading to her 20th High School Reunion and was feeling ‘big’. She actually said she was feeling like a ‘porker’ which made me laugh because she is NOT a ‘porker’ but I completely understand that feeling.
There are times when we ALL feel like a ‘porker’ not because we just put on 5 pounds overnight (you need to eat an extra 3,000 calories to gain 1 pound of fat), but because our body is reacting to various things that are happening to our digestion, hormonal level and detox process – which make us “expand”, even if we are just drinking water all day!
Here are my 3 Strategies to quickly ban belly bloat and flatten that tummy in no time:
#1 Ban Bloat
– Use herbs such as basil, dill, ginger, fennel, and mint – all of these herbs have gas-relieving properties
– Look for potential food intolerances (e.g. lactose or gluten) – if your body cannot digest and assimilate certain nutrients properly, they can cause gas
– Yoga poses such as twisting can help relieve gas – these poses stimulate the movement of the smooth muscles of the intestinal walls and help “move things along”
All contracting and twisting poses stimulate the abdominal organs, including the liver and digestive organs.
How to do it:
Lie down, hug your knees and inhale. As you exhale, extend your left leg to the mat and bring your right knee across your body. Stretch your arms out to the side and then look the opposite way. Stay for five to ten breaths. Inhale, and return your hands and knees to center. Repeat on the other side.
Note: If you have a spinal disc injury, consult your health-care provider before practicing twists of any kind.
#2 Reduce Fluid Retention
– Stay hydrated
– Reduce salt intake
– Use herbs with diuretic properties such as dandelion greens, alfalfa, stinging nettle, celery seeds and parsley
#3 Facilitate Elimination
– Drink fresh juice of carrot and apple to aid colon detox
– Drink the Morning Elixir first thing in the morning – it is very alkalinizing and cleansing
1 cup of warm water with juice of 1 lemon (or half a lemon), 1 tsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp honey or 4 drops of stevia and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– Eat foods rich in prebiotics and probiotics
Pay close attention to your body – when you “bloat up”, what are the “usual suspects”? Gas? Constipation? Fluid retention?
Based on your observation, practice integrating these three recommendations into your routine, and see if you feel slim and trim in just a few days.
My client said this helped ban her belly bloat and made her look and amazing!
In Health and Happiness,