Good Afternoon and Happy Valentine’s Day!
I hope everyone is having a great day so far and that you are taking some time to spend it with the one’s you love, because that is what this holiday is really about.
BUT, I also know that Valentine’s Day is also associated with CHOCOLATE and the good news is that Chocolate can actually be a part of a healthy diet, especially Dark Chocolate. Woo Hoo!
Cacao, the main ingredient in dark chocolate, is loaded with antioxidants. It has 30 times the antioxidant content of red wine and 20 times the content of green tea! Dark Chocolate is not only great for your heart and brain but also for your hormonal health too.
Dark Chocolate can:
- Reduce Stress
- Lower your cortisol levels ( the main stress hormone made in your adrenal glands.)
- Suppress your appetite
- Reduce your risk for heart disease and stroke
- Trigger endorphins that make you feel ‘oh so happy’ just like exercise!
I recommend consuming 1 oz of Dark Chocolate (72% cacao mass + ) daily for maximum health benefits.
- Honey Mama’s Cacao-Nectar Bars
They are a cacao-honey raw food dessert. Made from five nutrient rich whole foods, Cacao-Nectar Bars offer a satisfying, easy to digest, soy, egg, dairy, gluten and grain free treat that celebrates your health and brings a rich depth of flavor to your senses.
- Taza Stone Ground Chocolate Bars- the 77% Dark Belize is amazing!
- Theo Chocolate Bars- my favorite is the 84% Black Rice Quinoa Crunch Bar. Tastes like a healthy CRUNCH Bar.
- Pasha Chocolate Bars– these are perfect for all my friends with sensitivities. They use organic, fair trade, non-GMO dark chocolate, free from peanuts, nuts, dairy, soy, eggs, fish, wheat & gluten.
- Alter Eco Dark Chocolate Bars- The Blackout Bar is fantastic and is very low sugar.
The good news is that a little chocolate goes a long way and you don’t need much to satisfy that sweet tooth. Keep it to 1 oz or less a day.
What are your favorite CLEAN Chocolate Bars? Pop on and let me know.
In Health and Happiness,