Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday!
Today, I want to talk to you about Adrenal Fatigue. I specialize in helping women and men balance their hormones, boost their metabolism and lose weight and to be honest most of the clients that walk through my door suffer from adrenal fatigue.
That is because daily living causes much STRESS, which is not easy on the adrenal glands.
The adrenal glands (also known as suprarenal glands) are the triangle-shaped endocrine glands that sit atop the kidneys. They are chiefly responsible for regulating the stress response through the synthesis of corticosteroids and catecholamine, including cortisol and adrenaline.
When the adrenals are tired, the body may experience a number of different symptoms. The most common symptoms caused by tired or worn-out adrenal glands are:
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Excessive sweating or perspiration from little activity
- Lower back pain and/or knee weakness or pain, especially on the side
- Low Blood Sugar
- Muscle twitches
- Sensitivity to light, or difficulty seeing at night
- A craving for salt
- Low stamina for stress, and easily irritated
- Moodiness after eating carbs such as pasta, breads and sugar
- Chronic infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast)
- Low blood pressure
- Light-headedness on standing up
- Tired, poor sleep, insomnia
- Cravings for sweets and carbs, intolerance to alcohol
- Premature aging
- Dry, unhealthy skin with excess pigmentation
- Lack of libido
- Cystic breasts
- Tendency to startle easily
If you suspect you might have tired adrenals, address it right away. Please contact your doctor or reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org Adrenal glands are extremely important to a healthy immune system. They are necessary for proper thyroid function.
Natural Ways to Support Your Adrenals
- Get some SLEEP. You must rest if you are going to help your adrenals get stronger. That means going to bed every night by 10 p.m. I know this can be tough for some but it seriously makes a HUGE difference. Make this a priority and stick with it. Your adrenals need their beauty sleep!
- Dump the JUNK! Your adrenals and body will thank you for it! Eliminate sugar and processed carbs. Sugar and simple carbs (junk!) put stress on the adrenals. Adrenal glands help to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Shift to an Anti-Inflammatory Diet- Eat CLEAN animal protein foods, organic vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, beans and whole grains (if your body can tolerate them). I shift all my clients towards an anti-inflammatory diet which really helps.
- Quit the coffee habit and drink plenty of water every day. I know….. this is a tough one but when you adrenals are already taxed the caffeine stimulant can really do a number on your adrenals. Try switching to herbal tea. Sometimes, it is just the warmth of the drink that you need in the morning instead of the caffeine.
Give these tips a try this week and let me know if you need further help.
In Health and Happiness,