- 3 tbs of oats
- 2 tbs of chia seeds
- 1 tbs of cacao powder
- 1 tbs of protein powder (optional)
- shake or two of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of pitted and chopped cherries
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk or milk of your choice
- Maple syrup or other sweetener to taste
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Shake until well combined.
- (You may have to open and stir with a spoon to be sure everything gets mixed together.)
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, add sweetener of choice and enjoy.
I usually add a couple of tablespoons of some sort of nut butter for even more flavor and protein. You can omit it if you want or use whatever type of nut butter you have on hand.
Photo by Henry Bloomfield on flickr.