Good Afternoon and Happy Friday!
Today, we are going to talk about Broccolini, otherwise known as Baby Broccoli. Broccolini is a hybrid cousin of my broccoli and is a cross between regular broccoli and Chinese kale. You will recognize its beauty by the slender stalks and broccoli flowerettes on top. I absolutely LOVE broccolini and I am hoping to convince you to love it too!
If you are not a fan of Broccoli then you may like Broccolini because it is slighter sweeter and more tender.
Broccolini Health Benefits
- Contains a high amount of potassium which promotes muscle growth.
- Loaded with Vitamin C that helps boost your immune system
- Contains magnesium and calcium that help regulate blood pressure.
- Contains high levels of both calcium and vitamin K which are important for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis.
- High in fiber, which curbs cravings, aids in digestion and prevents constipation.
Here is my favorite SIMPLE Broccolini recipe:
Simple Roasted Broccolini
- 3/4 pound Broccolini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 425°. Place Broccolini in a greased baking dish. Combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over Broccolini and toss to coat.
Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
In Health and Happiness,