Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday Everyone!
I hope you are enjoying this rainy Portland day. I know… it is rain but we have not had any for so long that I actually missed it a bit. Plus it is the perfect day to stay in and bake Zucchini Muffins.
Zucchini is in season and many people’s gardens are overflowing with zucchini right now. Thus I wanted to share a great recipe for Zucchini Muffins that happen to be gluten free and grain free and is a real crowd pleaser. My kids love it!
But first let’s talk about a few of the health benefits of Zucchini. I love Zucchini because is low in calories, loaded with fiber and an important anti-inflammatory food, high in vitamins A and C.
Health Benefits of Zucchini
Aids in Digestion
Balances blood sugars
Water-rich food- i.e keeps you FULL
Now give these Zucchini Muffins a try! They are gluten-free and grain-free and absolutely delicious.
Abby’s Healthy Cardamom Ginger Zucchini Muffins
- 1-1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the wet ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer, then beat on medium for 1-2 minutes until frothy and fully combined. Add the zucchini and beat again just enough to incorporate.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients with the mixer running, until all of the flour mixture has been incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the middle is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
In Health and Happiness,