Good Morning and Happy Sunday!
It is another gorgeous day here in PDX and I am hoping that you get to get outside and enjoy it.
As a Hormone Cure Coach, I work with many women who have issues with sleep. Either they wake up in the middle of the night (hot flashes) and can’t get back to sleep or have trouble getting to sleep.
A few things that I suggest trying are:
1) Tart Cherry Juice– tart cherries have a unique dietary source of melatonin, that helps regulate sleep and your internal clock. Try having 1 oz about 30 minutes before bed.
2) Bananas– are loaded with potassium and B6 which helps regulate wake cycles and sleep. Potassium is also a muscle relaxant which helps make you sleepy. Try having a banana about an hour before bedtime.
3) Fish- especially, tuna, halibut and salmon, is loaded with B6 which helps create melatonin. Try eating fish a few times a week to see if this helps with your sleep cycles.
4) Kale and Collards- boasts healthy amounts of calcium which also helps with your sleep. Add in the green stuff at least once or twice a day to help increase sleep.
5) Chickpeas and Hummus- Hummus contains L-tryptophan — an amino acid that makes you sleepy. Have a little hummus with carrots or cucumber chips to help induce sleep.
Give these foods a try this week and let me know if you see a change.
In Health and Happiness,