Good Morning and Happy Sunday!
I hope you are enjoying this gorgeous day.
Today, I wanted to share the health benefits of Kombucha! I am a fan and have been drinking it for years.
What is Kombucha?
Kombucha is a lightly fermented tea which is naturally rich in probiotics and healthy acids that promote good GUT Health.
Kombucha consists of tea, sugar, clean water and a SCOBY. “SCOBY” stands for symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeasts. The sugar feeds the yeast and bacteria which form the SCOBY layer. This thick, mushroomy, semi-scary looking layer rests on the top of the kombucha. The SCOBY adds the flavor, acidity and promotes the fermentation which creates the health benefits.
The fermentation process that transforms sweet tea into kombucha significantly reduces the sugar content and results in a slightly effervescent beverage that is naturally low in caffeine, sugar, and calories.
Health Benefits of Kombucha
- Loaded with Probiotics-good for your GUT HEALTH
- Improves Digestion- allows you to absorb more nutrients
- Helps with Weight Loss -great substitution for soft drinks and fills you UP
- Improves Eczema and skin -helps regenerate skin cells
- Helps ease Constipation- keeps things flowing
- Hangover Cure- By cleansing the liver, filling you up with lots of H2O and balancing blood sugar levels with essential electrolytes kombucha tea can begin reversing the dehydrating effect of consuming alcohol!
My favorite brand is Health-Ade Kombucha because it has the lowest sugar amount of all the Kombucha’s and has some interesting flavors, like BEET (my fav), Cayenne Cleanse, and Carrot.
In general look for 5 grams or less of sugar when purchasing Kombucha. Health-Ade has many flavors with 2 grams of less! And remember the bottles generally have 2 servings not one. Thus, the lower the sugar the better.
Give Kombucha a try this week.
In Health and Happiness,