Good Morning and Happy July 4th Weekend!
I hope you have been enjoying your holiday weekend. Fourth of July always reminds me of Watermelon and guess what? Watermelon is amazing for you too.
Health Benefits of Watermelon
1) Natural source of most powerful antioxidants.
2) Excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin A.
3) Loaded with Lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that fights cancer-causing free radicals and promotes cardiovascular health.
4) Rich in electrolytes, which is great for this HOT weather.
5) Low in calories, yet high in lycopene, antioxidants, minerals, and phytonutrients. This makes it a nutrient-dense summer dessert!
Below is one of my favorite summer salad recipes:
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- 3 cups watermelon, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into quarter slices
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and toss until well combined. Chill in the refrigerator and let sit for 10-15 minutes so the flavors can marry together. Serve and Enjoy!
Give this recipe a try this week.
I also wanted to give you a quick reminder that The Bliss Method Summer Detox kicks off on July 13th and there is still time to join. Use code Refinery20 to get 20% off the cost of the detox. Register at www.detoxwithabby.com
In Health and Happiness,