Good Afternoon and Happy Holidays Everyone!
I hope you are surviving the hustle bustle of the season and enjoying time with your family and friends. This time of year can really be quite fun and I love gift giving.
Speaking of gift giving, Bliss Holistic Health is running a really awesome Healthy Holiday Giveaway of all my favorite things! One lucky winner will win:
2) Discover Your Nutritional Style by friend and fellow health warrior, Holli Thompson. This is the little black dress of health books. Love Holli and her book.
3) doTerra Essential Oil Intro Kit- the perfect way to experience essential oils. This kit includes Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint. They will provide you and your family a compelling experience with the life-enhancing properties of therapeutic-grade essential oils.
4) Mushroom Matrix Cordyceps Mushroom Powder- 2015 will be the year of the mushroom. Cordyceps is renowned for it’s ability to assist in oxygen uptake and increase energy, stamina and endurance. I love to add these mushroom powders in my smoothies for an extra boost.
Woo Hoo! This is an awesome gift package and I would love for you to win it. Click here to enter: http://is.gd/9rZfNc
The winner will be selected on Christmas Day! Good Luck!
Now as the wet weather is settling in and the lack of sunshine is evident. I thought it would be wise to talk about the Importance of Vitamin D!
Vitamin D: From Sunlight to Supplementation
Most Americans are deficient in Vitamin D, yet more and more studies are revealing its vital importance. This amazing vitamin helps prevent osteoporosis, depression, cancer, diabetes, obesity and more! Here is what several doctors have to say about this crucial vitamin:
Because vitamin D is so cheap and so clearly reduces all-cause mortality, I can say this with great certainty: Vitamin D represents the single most cost-effective medical intervention in the United States.
– Dr. Greg Plotnikoff, Medical Director, Penny George Institute for Health and Healing, Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis.
I believe [vitamin D] is the number one public health advance in medicine in the last twenty years.
– Dr. John Whitcomb, Aurora Sinai Medical Center.
I would challenge anyone to find an area or nutrient or any factor that has such consistent anti-cancer benefits as vitamin D. The data are really quite remarkable.
-Dr. Edward Giovannucci, Vitamin D expert.
In all my many years of practice of medicine, I’ve never seen one vitamin, even vitamin C, have such profound effects on human health.
– Soram Khalsa MD.
What Can You Do?
While experts agree that Vitamin D is crucial, there is some controversy about the best way to get it – some say exposure to the sun is enough, while others encourage supplementation. Since we live in the Pacific NW it is not always possible for us to get it through the
Here are several resources where you can find current information from different points of view and decide what choice to make for you and your family:
Dr. Andrew Weil
Vitamin D Council
Dr. Mark Hyman
The Weston A. Price Foundation:
European Study on the Amount of Sun Exposure Needed for Healthy Vitamin D Levels
“The Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D: An Exclusive Interview with Dr. Michael Holick,” by Mike Adams
(an excerpt from this 2005 interview can be found on the following page)
Take a read and let me know how you get your daily dose of D in?
I am wishing you a VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY and am looking forward to 2015!
In Health and Happiness,