Good Morning and Happy Sunday My Friends!
Today I am going to talk about healthy coffee alternatives. I was asked by a Refinery client to share my favorite coffee alternatives. So let’s dive in!
First, coffee is not a BAD thing to include in your diet but I do recommend keeping it to ONE cup a day. After one cup, you start to dehydrate your body and tax your liver. So for those of you that want to wean yourself off coffee and caffeine I suggest the following:
Healthy Coffee Alternatives
Matcha Green Tea (this does contain caffeine)
- full of antioxidants to fight free radical damage
- Has thermogenic activity, and may support weight loss in conjunction with exercise
- slowly releases caffeine into the system and does not cause jitters!
Mayan Coffee Alternative (does not contain caffeine)
This is my new favorite. It has a rich, malty, chocolatey taste to it and I love to mix a little coconut milk into it for a rich a creamy treat.
- alkalizing, not acidic
- high in vitamins and antioxidants
- rich in iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium and fiber
You can order Mayan Coffee Alternative at Jnantik
Teeccino (does not contain caffeine)
- is a delicious blend of herbs, grains, fruits and nuts
- tastes very similar to coffee
- non-acidic and contains the prebiotic, inulin
- Inulin is a soluble fiber from chicory root that supports good bacteria (digestive flora) necessary for good digestive health.
These are three great alternatives to coffee. Give them a try and let me know what you think.
In Health and Happiness,