Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday My Friends!
Halloween is right around the corner and we all know what that means….. CANDY! I have already been getting texts and emails with pictures like this:
With a message like – SOS- help me step away from the candy drawer!
I know this can be a tough time of year to avoid some of the sweet stuff, so I recommend picking a few of your favorites and limiting that candy consumption to Halloween! That way you can enjoy the holiday but don’t have to be enjoying it every day up until Halloween : )
Another idea is to make these awesome Pumpkin Spice Cookies that are lightly sweetened with maple syrup and are flour-free, egg-free and refined sugar free. Don’t worry, they TASTE amazing and you won’t believe they are actually healthy for you!
Did I mention that they are SUPER easy to make?
Everyone loves these cookies and you might like this better than the processed candy. For Real.
PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES
1 cup nut or seed butter of choice- almond butter, sunflower seed butter, peanut butter
½ cup pumpkin puree ( not pumpkin pie mix -which has a ton of sugar in it)
¼ cup pure maple syrup (raw honey also works)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
optional: ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix until a thick batter is formed. The batter will be sticky. If adding the dark chocolate chips, fold them in last.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop the batter onto the line baking sheet, and gently press each mound with a wet fork or wet fingers (to prevent sticking) to flatten.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely. Remove from cookie sheet and serve immediately, or pop them in the freezer for a chilled treat!
Note: I like to keep these in the freezer so they are not staring me down on the counter. That way I can pull one out when I need one and enjoy it thoroughly.Give these babies a try and let me know what you think!In Health and Happiness,