We live in a stressed out anxious world these days. Most of my clients report feeling stress on a daily basis. Unfortunately, chronic stress increases the risk of sleep issues, systemic inflammation and chronic disease. Adding daily strategies to combat stress is one of the most important steps you can take to improve your health. Here are some proven steps you can implement to lower your over all stress level.
- Spend time stroking a pet.
- Get out in nature as much as possible.
- Move your body for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Spend time with the people who bring you joy.
- Practice deep belly breathing.
- Eat healthy, balanced meals.
- Recognize there are some situations that you have no control over and let them go.
- Focus on the positive in your life.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
- Keep alcohol and drug consumption to a minimum.
Try incorporating some of these tips into your life to decrease your stress level. If you have some tried and true tips of your own please share them.
Photo from flickr.