Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday!
I hope you are having a good weekend and keeping yourself hydrated. I know what you are thinking… another WATER-PUSHER.
Yep, I am indeed a water-pusher and proud of it! One of the easiest things you can do for you overall health is to HYDRATE your body properly.
5 Tips for Drinking more WATER
1) Aim to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces. For example, if you weight 120 lbs, you would drink 60 ounces a water a day.
2) Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up in the morning. You are essentially breaking a fast after sleeping for 6-8 hours and your body needs hydration first thing before eating or drinking coffee. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime to alkalize your body too.
3) Drink a glass of water 30 minutes before every meal. We often wash away digestive enzymes that help break down out food when we drink water during out meal. Drinking a glass 30 minutes ahead of time will fill you up, hydrate your body and let your digestive system do its work.
4) Prevent a hangover by going one-for-one at happy hour. For every alcoholic drink you imbibe, follow with one glass of water. Your body will thank you!
5) Make water fun by INFUSING it with flavor. One of the big complaints I hear is that water is BORING. It simply does not have to be. Get creative and try one of the following infused water combinations.
INFUSED WATER SUGGESTIONS
h20 + Apple + Cinnamon Sticks
h20 + Strawberries + Basil
h20 + Grapefruit + Mint
h20 + Cucumber + Lemon + Mint
h20+ Orange + Lemon+ Lime
h20 + Thyme + Blackberries
h20 + Lemon + Blueberries
h20 + Rasberries + Rosemary
Jazz up your water today and feel free to share your favorite combination!
In Health and Happiness,