Good Afternoon and Happy Labor Day Weekend!
If you’ve been on Pinterest or Instagram for any amount of time, you’ve probably seen a decent number of green smoothie pictures floating around.
I am guilty of posting mine : ) You can check them out at http://instagram.com/blissholistichealth
Why is that?
Because they’re so darn good for you!
Green smoothies are a great way to get fiber, vitamins, and minerals – all served up in one glass that you can take on the go!
SUPER EASY and EFFICIENT.
- Chock full of vitamins, enzymes, and minerals
- Easy to digest, which means optimal assimilation of the nutrients you need
- Great for stabilizing blood sugar (be sure to include a healthy fat, as fat is key for blood sugar stabilization)
- A fabulous way to consume a variety of different fruits or vegetables at one time
- Terrific for cleansing the body of toxicity
- An easy way to add more fiber to your diet for optimal bowel function
When you add in a handful of greens to your smoothie, you can an extra dose of awesomeness in every serving!
Here are some of my favorite greens to add to smoothies:
- Swiss chard
Wanna jump on the bandwagon and get your smoothie on? Try my favorite Green BLISS Smoothie.
Green BLISS Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk, hemp milk, rice milk or coconut water (I like to use unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 large handfuls spinach leaves
- 3-4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 pear, cored and quartered
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted (good fat)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (omega’s)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (for protein)
- handful of ice cubes (if you like it a bit more chilled)
Wash all produce thoroughly and prep. Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour in your favorite glass.
What is your favorite green smoothie recipe? Pop on and share. I am always open to trying new recipes!
In Health and Happiness,