It’s that time of year where it seems most everyone is focused on making changes in their lives. Unfortunately, the majority of New Year’s resolution are broken within the first month. There are many reasons why most people aren’t successful with making changes but following some of these tips below may make you successful in accomplishing them.
- Set goals that are small and measurable. Making changes in your life can be hard. Focus on making small changes that add up to big shifts in how you live your life.
- Figure out why you want this change. Closely examine why this goal is important to you. Drill down on what is driving your desire for your change.
- Share your resolution with someone else. When people speak their goal out loud to someone else, they are more likely to stay committed. These friends and family can help you stay focused and encourage you in your journey.
- Give yourself small rewards along the way. Celebrate the small steps to reaching the final goal with a marker that is meaningful and enjoyable to you. If you are rewarded along the way the are more likely to keep at it.
- Don’t get discouraged. If you fall off the wagon and return to old behaviors, don’t give up. Tomorrow is a new day where you can recommit to what you are trying to accomplish.
Photo from flickr.