Last week, I wrote about 5 ways to be a little healthier in your life. One of the tips I offered was to add more vegetables to your life. A plant-based diet is one of the best ways to improve your overall health. Below are some ideas about ways to amp up your vegetable consumption.
- One day a week, roast 3 different types of veggies. Stick them in the fridge and enjoy them throughout the week.
- Use veggies as a food delivery system. Instead of chips and crackers with your dips, use chopped veggies to enjoy their creamy goodness.
- Keep your freezer packed with frozen veggies. Frozen veggies are often packed at the peak of ripeness, so they offer all the antioxidant and vitamin goodness of fresh.
- When you chop a vegetable, cut up some extras and store them in the fridge for quick and easy snacks.
- Add veggies in unexpected places. Spinach in your smoothie, pureed red peppers in your pasta sauce or cauliflower as rice- these are all ideas to sneak veggies into your life.
- Buy prechopped veggies. If your dislike of chopping vegetables is keeping you from enjoying them, buy pre-chopped veggies. They may be a little more expensive but if it gets you noshing on more veggies, the cost is worth it.
These are just a few ideas to increase your veggie intake. What is your favorite way to enjoy vegetables?
Photo from flickr.