Exercise is one of the most important ways that you can take care of yourself. Find something that you can make a regular part of your life, you enjoy participating in and then engage in that activity for at least 30 minutes a day. You can divide the 30 minutes up throughout the day. Just get your movement in!! Here are some of the most important reasons to move your body.
- It reduces stress and anxiety.
- Improves cardiovascular health.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Sweating moves toxins out of the body.
- Decrease rates of depression.
- Improves sleep.
- Weight bearing exercises increase bone density.
- Group fitness gives you a social outlet.
- Controls weight.
- Releases endorphins to decrease your perception of pain.
Photo from flickr.