This weekend kicked off the start of the holiday season. While most of us experienced a stripped-down version of our normal celebrations, this season, in the time of a worldwide pandemic, can still bring stress and anxiety. Here are a few ideas for self-care to make it through the end of this crazy year.
- Eat mindfully. Traditionally, the holiday season is a time of overindulgence both in food and drink. Don’t deprive yourself of the foods you love but listen to your body to know when you have had enough.
- Move your body. Find the methods of movement that feel the best to your body and make it a regular part of your day.
- Meditate: Find at least one minute of quiet each day to slow down and focus on your breath.
- Be thankful. Make it a daily practice to notice three parts of your life you are thankful for. Be sure to take note of the part you have in those positive aspects of your life. Often, we do not give ourselves enough credit for how we bring blessings to our life.
- Take a break. Schedule some “me” time to relax in whatever way feel best to you. You deserve it.
Hopefully, you will find ways to incorporate some of these selfcare ideas into your life. You are worthy of the love!
Photo from flickr.