Unless you have been living under a rock lately, there is no way you have missed the news about the covid-19 virus. While many of us were able to ignore the threat of this virus while it was across the world in China, it has suddenly become scarier now that it has hit the Pacific Northwest. The experts seem to be unsure about how many people are infected or the lethality of this virus. However, just like the common cold or flu, you do not want to catch this bug. Following these simple guidelines from the CDC will help you stay healthy.
- wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap
- if there is no soap, use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol
- avoid touching your face
- avoid touching items that are touched by lots of people like doorknobs, facet handles, toilet handles, railings, etc. If you do touch them, wash your hands afterwards
- cover your cough or sneeze with the bend of the elbow or tissue
- stay rested to keep your immune system in top condition
- maintain a distance of at least 1 meter from people who are coughing or sneezing
Following these steps should help you avoid an illness.