Good Morning and Happy Father’s Day!
I hope you are all having a great weekend and celebrating Father’s Day in style. My hubby is a golf nut so we are spending the day watching the U.S. Open Golf Tournament and making him a semi-healthy feast.
I am absolutely gaga for Tumeric and wanted to share some of the awesome health benefits with you today so you can get as excited as I am about it!
Tumeric is a root that has long been used as a powerful anti-inflammatory in both the Chinese and Indian systems of medicine. It is gaining popularity here in the U.S. and that makes me so happy!
Curcumin is the chief active component of turmeric, and is usually taken as a supplement. You may be most familiar with Tumeric as the beautiful mustard color in Indian curries.
Health Benefits of Tumeric
1) Antioxidant- targets dangerous free radicals in the body and reduces the damage they are able to cause DNA and cells.
2) Anti-Inflammatory- effective for fighting heart disease, osteoarthritis pain, and other health problems related to inflammation.
3) Slow Alzheimer’s-People in India aged 70 and older have a much lower rate of Alzheimer’s disease than those in the same age group in the United States. It is believed that the difference is due to the fact that they eat more Indian curries than the U.Ss group. More reasons to love curry!
4) Heart Health-reduces the risk of blood clots and prevents the build up of plaque in the arteries, which helps in the battle against stroke and other clot-related problems.
5) Reduces Joint Pain- when consumed on a regular basis, may experience relief from the moderate to mild joint pains as well as joint inflammation.
Might I suggest that you pick up the Tantra juice from Portland Juice Co. The Tantra is:
It is absolutely DELISH and lucky for you, you can pick it up right there at The Refinery!
Have a great rest of your day.
In Health and Happiness,