Good Evening and Happy Sunday!
Many people battle or deal with digestive upset. For some of you this has been happening your entire life – you may have inherited this from your parents, or stress led to imbalances in the gut flora or the Standard American Diet (SAD). Dysbiois in the gut can occur when there is an imbalance in the digestive system.
Leading causes of imbalances occur from a diet
- A diet high in sugar
- A diet high in processed foods
- A diet low in minerals, healthy fats such as EFA’s
- Toxicity in the foods you eat
- Years of taking antibiotics or birth control
- Eating foods that inflame the body
The gut has 500 to 1000 different microbials that live in the gut. Some of these microbials are “healthy” while others are there trying to wreak havoc on your health and the health of your digestive system. Your digestive system begins at your mouth and ends at your anus; therefore taking care of your digestive system is imperative as this is the key to a healthy immune system, metabolism and brain function.
Too many people suffer from constipation, acid reflux and digestive imbalances. Too often digestive imbalances lead to Leaky Gut – a syndrome that occurs when you intestinal lining has been damaged.
The Result of Leaky Gut- inflammation occurs throughout your entire body.
So what can be done?
1. Take a whole food probiotic such as Inner-Eco Probiotic Kefir, Thorne Flora-Mend Prime Probiotic, Organic Gut Pro or another brand that is high quality. Not all probiotics are created equal, as you will find many on the store shelves. The most effective probiotics are not killed by your stomach acid – which is an essential part of choosing a probiotic – THEY MUST remain viable until they reach the large intestine.
2. Many probiotics are not effective because they do not reach the large intestines – they are killed by your stomach acid so I encourage you to consume all natural probiotics in a food state too. You can find probiotics in the following foods:
a. Coconut Milk Kefir
b. Cultured Vegetables such as kimchi or sauerkraut
c. Coconut water kefir – such as Inner-Eco. You can also make this fabulous drink at home.
d. Homemade coconut milk kefir has 56+ different beneficial microbial strains.
e. Water kefir has about 30 different beneficial microbial strains.
f. Commercial store-bought kefir has about 10 different beneficial microbial strains, more than most bottle probiotics
As you have learned about gut imbalances and what you can do to restore your body and get back into homeostasis – the body wants to be in balance
Wikipedia defines Homeostasis.
“Is the property of a system that regulates its internal environment and tends to maintain a stable, relatively constant condition of properties such as temperature or pH. It can be either an open or closed system. In simple terms, it is a process in which the body’s internal environment is kept stable. Homeostasis is the maintenance of the internal condition of living organism despite any change in external conditions.”
STRESS and your GUT
Now we must also address our stress levels. Stress is the leading cause of digestive imbalances. Your digestive system must have a balance of 85% good bacteria to 15% bad bacteria. If this balance is disrupted, the whole body gets inflamed. Take some time everyday to work on de-stressing your life by doing the following:
• Deep breathing
• Taking a walk outside
• Not eating on-the-go
• Being present to the moment
We cannot move to a mountain top or quit our job but we can take care of the most important part of our body; our digestive system.
When you body is in balance you will experience the following:
- Lose weight effortlessly
- Sleep like a baby
- Have glowing skin
- Balance your hormones
- Reduce stomach bloat
- Have proper bowel elimination
- Reduce inflammation and joint pain
- Have shiny hair
- Have more energy
Get cultured by adding a good quality probiotic and cultured foods to your diet and watch your body transform.
To order Thorne Flora-Mend Prime Probiotic contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can buy Inner-Eco Probiotic Kefir at Whole Foods or New Seasons in the refrigerated supplement area.
To order Organic Gut Pro go to www.organic3.com this works will with the GAPS diet.
We are kicking off the Bliss Detox Spring Fling and I am honored to have so many Refinery clients doing the detox. This is going to a great week and I look forward to supporting you through this detox.
In Health and Happiness,