With anxiety and stress running high right now, many people are experiencing struggles with their sleep. Sleep is so important to our overall health; it is imperative to make it a priority. Here are a few ideas to help you sleep like a baby.
- Expose your body to natural sunlight in the morning. It will set your internal clock.
- Try to move your body during the day.
- Turn off your screens at least one hour before bed.
- Try taking magnesium or an Epsom salt bath before bed. Magnesium is considered a calming mineral.
- Use white noise to drown out disruptive sounds.
- Have your bedroom temperature between 60-67 degrees.
- Have a bedtime ritual- reading, meditation or whatever might be relaxing to you.
- Record your worries in a journal so you can let them go for the night.
- Take 6 deep breaths after you get in bed to lower your heart rate.
Try incorporating as many of these suggestions as possible into your daily routine to ensure a night of restful sleep.
Photo on flickr.