Good Morning and Happy Sunday!
I was asked by one of the Refinery members to share my favorite Fat-Burning foods so that is what I am going to talk about today.
I love hearing from you guys and am happy to answer your questions, so please pull me aside at the Refinery or pop on the blog and ask away. I am here to help!
So one of the things that I teach in The Bliss Method program is begin thinking about ADDING in healthy foods to your diet which will automatically CROWD out the not so healthy foods in your diet. This way clients don’t feel DEPRIVED on their path to health and happiness.
Today I am sharing my Top 10 Fat-Burning Foods that you can start ADDING to your diet. To be honest, it was hard to narrow it down to just 10, there are SO many!
TOP 10 FAT-BURNING FOODS
1) Bananas are fantastic for fat burning! They are a super source of potassium, which regulates metabolism and weight loss.
2) Grapefruit helps to reduce and regulate insulin levels within the body, improving metabolism and helping you shed those extra pounds.
3 ) Broccoli and Broccoli Rabe are low calorie, zero fat vegetables that can accompany any meal. They are surprisingly rich in protein and loaded with iron, vitamins a and c, potassium and calcium.
4) Cabbage is low in calories and carbohydrates, but rich in potassium and vitamin c. Try mixing it with your salad greens for an added sweet crunch.
5) Zucchini-is a starchy, high fiber vegetable low in calories but rich in minerals. It is versatile in cooking. It can be stewed, baked, grated or grilled. Try substituting for pasta or other complex carbohydrates to fill you up and regulate your blood sugar.
6) Watermelon has roughly half the sugar of an apple and contains 92% water by weight, which makes it a detoxifying and satisfying food. Watermelon rinds are also edible and contain many hidden nutrients.
7) Eggs are great for breakfast and a great source of protein. Since our bodies use more energy to digest protein, we tend to burn more fat when we consume it.
8) Blueberries help improve glucose and insulin sensitivity, resulting in less fat storage particularly around the abdomen.
9) Avocados, a great source monounsaturated fat (good fat) as well as fiber. They are rich in magnesium that reduces risk of excess belly fat, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high blood sugar- the symptoms of metabolic syndrome.
10) Yams/Sweet Potatoes are a powerful carbohydrate that can be added to a regular healthy diet. They allow the body to maintain proper energy levels, while also boosting the body’s weight loss and fat burning abilities.
Try adding a few of these fat-burning foods to your diet this week to stoke your metabolic fire!
In Health and Happiness,