Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday!
As Summer is starting to wind down the reality of spending lots of time in the SUN may be coming to a head. The sun’s rays make us feel good, and in the short term, make us look good. But unfortunately, exposure to sun causes most of the wrinkles and age spots on our faces and body.
Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and it reflects the condition inside your body.
Thus, to combat sun damage I recommend upgrading your diet and incorporating my TOP 10 Foods for Healthy Skin. I think you will enjoy adding some of these foods to your daily diet. Did you know that Dark Chocolate protects the skin from sun damage? Pretty Cool, huh?
TOP 10 Foods for Healthy Skin
1. Blueberries and Pomegranates – rich in antioxidant anthocyanins, which help protect you from fine lines and dryness.
2 .Walnuts – omega 3 and vitamin E make for smoother skin, healthier hair and stronger bones.
3. Spinach – vital nutrients and antioxidants help fight inflammation and free radical damage.
4. Yogurt – zinc helps calm skin inflammation and help cell regeneration.
5.Dark Chocolate – flavonoids protect the skin from sun damage.
6. Tomatoes – lycopene protects the skin from sun damage
7. Kiwis – vitamin C stimulates collagen production and repair damage to skin-cell DNA.
8. Edamame – isoflavones in soy ease inflammation and slow down collagen breakdown.
9. Sweet potatoes, carrots and butternut squash – the body turns beta-carotene into skin-smoothing retinol.
10. Green tea – antioxidant catechins help prevent certain cancers
Take a look the list and aim to add at least 3 of these foods to your daily diet to ensure healthy skin.
In Health and Happiness,