Good Morning and Happy Sunday!
I hope you are enjoying this absolutely gorgeous weather. Oh my goodness, the warm weather and sunshine makes me so happy!
Now I don’t want to put a damper on your day, but I was recently asked if I would share some of the toxic chemicals to avoid. I know that this topic can be confusing and want to help weed through this important information.
Did you know that your skin is a “breathable” organ?
Up to 60% of what you apply topically on your skin will be absorbed into your bloodstream, and children absorb even more than that.
Imagine that products you’ve been using for years actually contain harmful ingredients and could damage your health. If so, your first instinct would be to find a healthier alternative, pronto!
Below are a few of the toxic chemicals that should be avoided:
- Parabens – often found in deodorants & moisturizers, parabens are hormone inhibitors & believed to accelerate tumor growth
- Artificial fragrance & color – may trigger allergies, asthma, and some colors contain lead & harmful dyes
- Toulene – found in nail polish, hair color products, and some fragrances, this chemical is linked to kidney & liver damage, which may affect fetal growth
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate/Sodium Laureth Sulfate – a foaming agent found in shampoos and body/facial washes, it dries out the skin & is linked to eczema, hair- loss, rashes, and dry and scaly skin.
- PEG’s – found in numerous skin & personal care products, this is anti-freeze and should be used in for your car, not your skin!
- Phthalates – found in plastics, it is a known hormone disruptor
The list goes on and on, but you get the point, if you wouldn’t EAT it, it doesn’t belong on your SKIN.
The first step to take is to visit one of my favorite resources: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/
You can look up what’s in your skin care and personal care products and see if you are using safe products and find replacements if not.
Now, I also wanted to remind you that Early Bird Pricing for The Bliss Method Spring Fling Detox ends next SUNDAY, April 17th so sign up today and save $50.00 at www.detoxwithabby.com
We have a great group forming and would love to have YOU be a part of it too!
In Health and Happiness,